All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is based on a conference organised jointly by the editors to mark the European Year of Disabled People. It explores the range of legal strategies which have been adopted,both nationally and internationally, to achieve equality for disabled people and facilitate their inclusion into mainstream society. It examines current developments in anti-discrimination law, both within Member States and at EU level. It also assesses the effectiveness and potential of the human rights framework for disabled Europeans. In addition, a number of approaches to the enforcement and promotion of disability rights are considered. Contributors to this book, drawn from across Europe, represent a variety of different backgrounds. They include leading academics in the field, as well as campaigners and others working to improve or enforce disability-related legislation. The book is a unique and timely contribution to an important and rapidly expanding field of study. It will be of relevance to all those, whether lawyers or t, with an interest in disability and equality issues.
- Author BiographyAnna Lawson is a Lecturer in Law at the University of Leeds and a member of the University's Centre for Disability Studies and the Law School's Human Rights Research Unit. Caroline Gooding is the Special Adviser to the Disability Rights Commission.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/05/2005
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Series TitleEssays in European Law
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2005
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight570 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCaroline Gooding,Professor Anna Lawson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.