All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionPassionate, engaging and challenging, this second edition of the ground-breaking Disability Studies: An Interdisciplinary Introduction is a contemporary introduction to this diverse and complex field. Taking an interdisciplinary and critical approach, the book: *examines a diverse range of theories and perspectives and engages with current debates in the field *explores key areas of analysis, with chapters devoted to the individual, society, community and education *applies a global perspective encompassing examples from the UK, Australia, Scandinavia, the US, and Canada. Encouraging and stimulating readers using thought-provoking questions, exercises and activities, Disability Studies is a rich and rewarding read for students and researchers engaging with disability across the social sciences.
- Author BiographyDan Goodley is based at the Research Institute for Health and Social Change and Manchester Metropolitan University. He has has written widely in both qualitative research and disability studies over the years. He's the author of Families with Disabled Children (Palgrave, 2008) and Researching Life Stories Method (Routledge, 2004), the editor of Disability and Psychology (Palgrave, 2005) and Another Disability Studies Reader (Garant, 2005), and has published numerous articles in journals, from the Journal of Cultural and Literary Disability Studies and Disability & Society, to Discourse and International Journal of Social Research Methodology.
- Author(s)Dan Goodley
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight662 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.