All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $77.81Trending at AU $79.42
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.33
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.05
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $34.20Trending at AU $35.80
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.52
About this product
- DescriptionDisappearance: The First Part of Trickery and Honest Deception is a delightful, modern-day tale about a young man's discovery of his own magical powers. Darren Whalley is an ordinary teenager who, for apparent reason, begins to have a series of disturbing dreams that are dominated by dark tunnels and mysterious, shadowy characters. As if this isn't strange eugh, he also discovers a physical strength he never knew he possessed. Darren realizes something very strange is happening to him and is anxious to get to the bottom of it. His curiosity is further aroused when he witnesses a magician from a visiting carnival levitate during a performance. Convinced this is connected to the bizarre incidents occurring in his own life, he sneaks backstage to test his theory and inadvertently comes face-to-face with a magician who is eager to introduce him to the mysterious world of the unexplained. Determined to understand why he has been bestowed with such remarkable gifts, Darren confides in Sarah, his intuitive sister, and Joe, his impetuous best friend. Together they embark on an amazing journey to determine the origin of Darren's supernatural powers - a journey that becomes increasingly complex with the discovery of a mysterious ancient artifact found in a secret room in his father's antique store. Along the way, Darren and his cohorts encounter many challenges, including a chilling incident in a dilapidated old mine, strong opposition from Darren's skeptical parents and an evil kidnapper with malicious intentions and potent supernatural powers - a deadly combination.
- Author BiographyRachelle Adamchuk can't remember a time when she didn't want to write. Her love of writing started very early in age, as did her love of drawing, painting and photography. She wrote a book from beginning to end at age 13. Rachelle even created a makeshift cover for this fictional novel made out of cardboard. Sewing together the pages and the cover with thick thread and a needle, she submitted the book to her English teacher while in grade 8. Rachelle lives in Langley, BC with her husband, her son and her Chihuahua. Disappearance: The First Part of Trickery and Honest Deception is Rachelle's first published novel and is the first book in the Trickery and Honest Deception Chronicles.
- Author(s)Rachelle G. Adamchuk
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication31/05/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.