All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone loves Dr. Josh, Chief of Surgery at Longport Memorial Hospital, a facility that has recently become 'the hospital' for organ transplantation in the Deep South. He has an impeccable bedside manner. But his life is t without problems: today he lost a routine appendectomy patient, and his girlfriend, Natalee, refuses to return his calls. He leaves work early and confides in Irish Pub owner, Sean O'Malley, and while secluded at his favorite table, two strangers enter. He catches an occasional phrase over the blaring jukebox and stormy weather. Is he hearing correctly? Are they actually plotting a murder? Twelve year old Amy Johnson, who lost her mother to a drunk driver nine years earlier, has t heard from her father, a professional fisherman, who decided to go shrimping despite the warning of bad weather. At midnight two Coast Guard officers come by her house and ask if she has heard from her dad. Frightened out of her wits, she goes out in the storm on her bicycle searching for her Poppy, thus placing her own life in serious jeopardy. Ever since the hospital was approved as an organ transplant center, the mortality rate keeps climbing. But it's t the organ recipients who are dying. Something much more sinister is going on here. Things are t as they seem, and Dr. Josh is t sure whom he can trust. If this information gets out, the hospital could lose its funding and many would lose their jobs. But is someone willing to commit murder to keep this a secret?
- Author BiographyKen has enjoyed writing from an early age and is a graduate of the Institute of Children's Writing. He has helped support his wife, Frances, and daughter, Khryste, in various ways: a computer technician who owns Diversified Computer Services in Mississippi, and as a commercial artist. Ken loves to paint, write music and play guitar, and enjoys reading and bible study, which he does religiously (pun intended).
- Author(s)Ken Behrendt
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication21/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.