Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis series is dedicated to serving the growing cornrnunity of scholars and practitioners concerned with the principles and applications of environ- rnental rnanagernent. Each volurne will be a thorough treatrnent of a spe- cific topic of irnportance for proper rnanagernent practices. A fundarnental objective of these books is to help the reader discern and irnplernent rnan's stewardship of our environrnent and the world's renewable resources. For we rnust strive to understand the relationship between rnan and nature, act to bring harmony to it and nurture an environrnent that is both stable and productive. These objectives have often eluded us because the pursuit of other in- dividual and societal goals has diverted us frorn a course of living in bal- ance with the environrnent. At tirnes, therefore, the environrnental rnan- ager rnay have to exert restrictive control, which is usually best applied to rnan, t nature. Attempts to alter or harness nature have often failed or backfired, as exemplified by the results of irnprudent use of herbicides, fertilizers, water and other agents. Each book in this series will shed light on the fundarnental and applied aspects of environrnental rnanagernent. It is hoped that each will help solve a practical and serious environrnental problern.
- Author(s)H. D. Foster
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleSpringer Series on Environmental Management
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.