Consider these sponsored items
- AU $43.99Free postage
- AU $12.90Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo DJ can mix 'Celebration' into 'Come On Eileen' quite like Paul Johnson, the king of rancid retro. But while he has the musical jumper leads to get even the most dismal party started, he can't get his own life moving. Trapped in a job he despises, a perpetual failure with the ladies and living at home with his distinctly unhelpful parents, Paul's stuck in limbo while everyone around him is limbo-dancing. While he has avoided the corporate mousetrap that has ensnared his friend Nige, Paul dreams of one day playing his own music instead of John Farnham's. But it's much easier to joke about your problems with your friends than to do something about them. A romantic comedy that is equal parts bitingly cynical and naively idealistic, Disco Boy is a story for anyone who has ever hit the Pause button on their life, and found it hard to press Play again.
- Author BiographyDominic Knight was one of the original founders and destroyers of The Chaser newspaper, and has written for all the team's projects except the unfunny ones. Dominic's first novel, Disco Boy, was published to universal acclaim from his immediate family. His latest new novel Comrades, deals with the world of student politics.
- Author(s)Dominic Knight
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- Weight421 g
- Width156 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.77Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.