All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe studies collected in this volume contribute to shedding light on the multi-faceted complexity and stratification of identity within the context of corporate communication, by definition characterized by the interplay and intersection among genres, discursive practices and communicative events involving both individual and collective actors. The texts investigated include openly promotional genres specifically aimed at constructing and promoting a company's image in the marketplace, such as those used in sponsorship and advertising, as well as organizational genres which in spite of their primarily operational purpose also incorporate cues aimed at the planned self-representation of the enterprise. The arguments presented in the various chapters and the research results supporting them bring evidence to the crucial role discourse plays in the construction of corporate identity at all levels.
- Author BiographyPaola Evangelisti Allori is Professor of English at the Italian University for Sport and Human Movement, (IUSM) Roma, Italy. Her main research interests are in specialized discourse in different domains, both academic and professional. She has coordinated several research projects and published extensively on comparative analysis of specialized discourse in various disciplinary areas and fields of action, both cross-linguistically and cross-disciplinarily. Her current research is focused on sports-related domains, exploring text types and genres, particularly in legal and business communication. Giuliana Garzone is Professor of English Linguistics and Translation at the Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy. Her main research interests are in specialized discourse in its different domains, and in translation and interpreting studies. She has co-ordinated several research projects and published extensively on legal language, scientific discourse, business communication, political discourse and on translation and interpreting. In recent times her research has explored the impact of multimodality on professional communication, focusing on text types and genres embedded in the web-mediated environment.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication04/03/2011
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number131
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Notetables
- Weight490 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byGiuliana Elena Garzone,Paola Evangelisti Allori
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.