All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionDiscourses and Identities in Contexts of Educational Change presents the work of fourteen scholars concerning the United States and Mexico. The authors explore current and changing educational contexts through the relationship between discourses and identities. These are contexts in which the participants must negotiate multiple, and sometimes conflicting, positions. The empirical studies reported here are grounded in contemporary theories of sociolinguistics and literacy practices, social relations conceptualized in dynamics of power, and identity representations. The book uniquely contributes to the challenges facing different educational communities in specific contexts by using discourse and identity as the conceptual tools to analyze the problematic and often unclear relationship among diverse educational actors immersed in contexts of change at the local, national, and global levels.
- Author BiographyGuadalupe Lopez-Bonilla is a professor of literacy studies and discourse analysis at the Universidad Autonoma of Baja California. Her research interests include high school students' literacy practices, inequality in education, and youths' identities. She is coauthor (with Alma Carrasco and Alicia Peredo) of La lectura desde el curriculo de educacion basica y media superior en Mexico (2008) (Reading in Language Arts in the Mexican National K-12 Curriculum). Karen Englander is a professor in the Faculty of Languages at the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California in Ensenada, Mexico. She brings 25 years of teaching experience in English as a second/foreign language in Canada, California, and Mexico, to her research in academic literacy and disciplinary writing. She is co-author (with David Hanauer) of the forthcoming Scientific Writing in a Second Language.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number387
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byGuadalupe Lopez-Bonilla,Karen Englander
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.