All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionWith its comprehensive, authoritative coverage and student-centered pedagogy, DISCOVERING BIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY, 2nd Edition is ideal for a broad range of students taking a beginning undergraduate course in biological or physiological psychology. The book provides a foundational understanding of the structure and function of the nervous system and its relationship to both typical and disordered human behavior. Written by an author with nearly 30 years of teaching experience at schools ranging from community colleges to the Ivy League, this text presents classic concepts, current topics, and cutting-edge research in a style that is both accessible to beginning and less-prepared students and appealing to students with stronger backgrounds. As a result, the book allows instructors to teach a rigorous course that does not oversimplify the material, while keeping students excited and engaged. Reviewers have praised the text's clear narrative, high-interest examples, pedagogy, and purposeful art program. The Second Edition is supported by a comprehensive and contemporary media package that includes animations, videos, lectures and an image gallery on Microsoft PowerPoint slides, student response system content, and a time-saving online homework and course management system.
- Author BiographyLaura A. Freberg (Ph.D., UCLA) is Professor of Psychology at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, where she teaches courses in Introductory Psychology, Biological Psychology, and Sensation and Perception. Laura's teaching career began when she taught her first college course at Pasadena City College at the age of 23. To better understand the needs of the online education community, she also teaches a variety of psychology courses for Argosy University Online. Laura has received Faculty Member of the Year recognition from Cal Poly Disabilities Resource Center three times (1991, 1994, and 2009) for her work with students with disabilities. She enjoys using technology and social media in the classroom, and is a Google Glass Explorer. Laura serves as the Content Expert Writer for Psychology for Answers.com and as the Bylaws and Archives Committee Chair for the Society for Social Neuroscience. She is a member of the editorial board for Leadership Quarterly. With John Cacioppo of the University of Chicago, she is the co-author of two editions of DISCOVERING PSYCHOLOGY: THE SCIENCE OF MIND (Cengage Learning).
- Author(s)Laura A. Freberg
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/02/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour line drawings, colour tables, figures
- Weight1370 g
- Width221 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.