Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionBeautifully illustrated, this volume will give readers a clear idea of the history and aesthetics of Chinese painting, as well as the chance to appreciate the depiction of vivid figures, awesome landscapes, exquisite flowers and dainty insects that best represent its achievements. Beginning with the ancient invention of paper and continuing through to the renewal and invation of modern times, Chinese Painting also covers the six cans of Chinese painting, painting as a vehicle for Confucianism, Buddhism and Daoism and the poetic qualities of Chinese paintings.
- Author Biography<b>Deng Ming</b>, painter and scholar, is the former director of Shanghai People's Fine Arts Publishing House, and was awarded a State Council Special Allowance. His books include: <i>The Appreciation of Calligraphy and Painting Works by Modern Artists, The Art Book of Chinese Painting</i>, and <i>The Poster Series of APEC Conferences in China</i>.
- Author(s)Deng Ming
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication07/07/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReader's Digest Association
- Out-of-print date15/09/2015
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Weight373 g
- Width145 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.