All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionDiscovering Human Sexuality is an evidence-based, accessible introduction to the study of sexuality and the diverse ways in which it brings joys and challenges to our lives. The backgrounds of the authors-in biology, sociology, teaching, and writing-have made possible a text that is multidisciplinary, authoritative, sex-positive, and a delight to read. Now in its Third Edition, Discovering Human Sexuality has established itself as a popular and widely praised text that respects diversity both in the sexual world and among the students who read it. The Third Edition maintains the overall presentation of its predecessors, but adds coverage of recent sex-related developments in research, medicine, law, politics, and social trends. In addition, the authors have included two substantial appendices: one looks at sex and sexuality from an evolutionary perspective; the other provides additional material regarding the role of the nervous system in sexual functioning. The two appendices have been developed from sections of the authors' other text, Human Sexuality. The intent is to provide options for more advanced learning while leaving the main text accessible to students with more limited backgrounds in biology. The Third Edition has many new boxes, illustrations, FAQs, and other features, as well as countless new references. What shines through is the richness of ideas about human sexuality that only an interdisciplinary collaboration can provide.
- Author BiographySimon LeVay, Ph.D. is a British-born neuroscientist turned science writer and teacher. He has served on the faculty of Harvard Medical School and the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, and has taught at Harvard, the University of California, and Stanford University, USA. LeVay has authored over 40 scientific studies; the best known of these is a 1991 report in Science that described a difference in brain structure between heterosexual and homosexual men. He is the author or coauthor of eleven books, including Gay, Straight, and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation (Oxford University Press, 2011), and a historical novel, The Donation of Constantine (Lambourn Books, 2013). Janice Baldwin, Ph.D. and John Baldwin, Ph.D. are sociologists at the University of California, Santa Barbara, USA. They have been collaborators in numerous studies and coauthored many articles in the area of sexuality and sex education, as well as the textbook Behavior Principles in Everyday Life (Prentice Hall), now in its fourth edition. The Baldwins co-teach an undergraduate Human Sexuality course that is regularly voted Best Course at UCSB. They also teach two advanced seminar courses on the same topic, one of which has created a sex information website, SexInfoOnline (www.SexInfoOnline.com). The Baldwins have been named Best Professors on several occasions.
- Author(s)Simon LeVay
- PublisherSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/07/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSunderland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note458
- Weight1412 g
- Width228 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.