All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs scientific and engineering projects grow larger and more complex, it is increasingly likely that those projects will be written in C++. With embedded hardware growing more powerful, much of its software is moving to C++, too. Mastering C++ gives you strong skills for programming at nearly every level, from close to the hardware to the highest-level abstractions. In short, C++ is a language that scientific and technical practitioners need to kw. Peter Gottschling's Discovering Modern C++ is an intensive introduction that guides you smoothly to sophisticated approaches based on advanced features. Gottschling introduces key concepts using examples from many technical problem domains, drawing on his extensive experience training professionals and teaching C++ to students of physics, math, and engineering. This book is designed to help you get started rapidly and then master increasingly robust features, from lambdas to expression templates. You'll also learn how to take advantage of the powerful libraries available to C++ programmers: both the Standard Template Library (STL) and scientific libraries for arithmetic, linear algebra, differential equations, and graphs. Throughout, Gottschling demonstrates how to write clear and expressive software using object orientation, generics, metaprogramming, and procedural techniques. By the time you're finished, you'll have mastered all the abstractions you need to write C++ programs with exceptional quality and performance.
- Author BiographyPeter Gottschling is founder of SimuNova, a company that works on developing the Matrix Template Library (MTL4) and offers C++ training. He is a member of the ISO C++ standards committee, vice-chair of Germany's programming language standards committee, and founder of the C++ User Group in Dresden. He earned his Ph.D. in computer science at Technische Universit(TM)t Dresden in 2002.
- Author(s)Peter Gottschling
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width189 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.