Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionAutumn presents a stunning array of colors in rural East Tennessee, and Discovering October Roads is the perfect traveler's companion for better enjoying those scenic views. In a compelling, anecdotal narrative, the book describes seven road trips through the region, discussing t only the leaf colors to be seen but also the geology, landscape, and cultural history to be found along each route. In their introduction, Harry Moore and Fred Brown offer an overview of the geologic history and topography of East Tennessee as well as an accessible explanation of the science behind the changing leaf colors. They also discuss a number of common trees and the autumn color associated with each. In the chapters that follow, the authors' descriptions of road trips are arranged according to three geographic areas: the Blue Ridge, the Valley and Ridge, and the Cumberland Plateau. Complementing the narrative is a wealth of illustrations, including maps, geologic line drawings, and photographs--many of which are reproduced in color. Discovering October Roads will prove an indispensable resource for anyone seeking a deeper appreciation of East Tennessee's fall finery.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Harry Moore is a geologist with the Tennessee Department of Transportation and the author of A Roadside Guide to the Geology of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and A Geologic Trip across Tennessee by Interstate 40. Fred Brown is a feature writer and columnist for the Knoxville News-Sentinel. He is the author, with Jeanne McDonald, of Handling Serpents: Three Families and Their Faith and Growing Up Southern: How the South Shapes Writers.
- Author(s)Harry Moore
- PublisherUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2001
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width160 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.