Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.35+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.90+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by misschardy
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnrivalled in the way it makes the teaching of statistics compelling and accessible to even the most anxious of students, the only statistics textbook you and your students will ever need just got better! Lecturers/instructors - request a free digital inspection copy here or, if outside of Europe, here With a little help from his weird band of characters, Andy Field has transformed the way students engage with statistics. The Fourth Edition of the award-winning book continues, with its unique blend of humour and collection of bizarre examples, to bring statistics - from first principles to advanced concepts - well and truly to life using IBM SPSS Statistics. WebAssign(R) - manage and monitor your student's progress quickly and easily online Choose to use WebAssign(R) alongside the new Fourth Edition of Andy Field's textbook and in moments you can set up courses and schedule assignments (using the 2000+ questions available) and track individual performance so you can spot in an instant where more instruction or practice is needed. WebAssign(R) lets you set questions for your students to practise over and over again. They get instant feedback and also links to the relevant chapter or section in the integral ebook to help them work out the correct solution. Contact your local SAGE representative for more details SAGE MobileStudy - study where and when you like Scan any QR code within the book to access revision material on a smartphone or tablet such as Cramming Sam's Study tips, flashcard glossaries, interactive multiple choice questionnaires and more. Click here to take a look (if you're accessing the site from a desktop you'll be taken to the Companion Website instead; look out for the MobileStudy icon to show you which pages are also available on the MobileStudy site). See how Andy's book is changing the landscape for textbooks through the use of techlogy! Support materials for a wide range of disciplines Education and Sport Sciences lecturer support materials with enhanced ones for Psychology, Business and Management and the Health Sciences on the enhanced Companion Website make the book even more relevant to a wider range of subjects across the social sciences and where statistics is taught to a cross-disciplinary audience. Other major new updates include: * Now fully compatible with recent IBM SPSS Statistics releases up to and including version 21. * Two new characters! Statistical cult leader Oditi provides students with access to video clips via his Lantern to help further understanding of statistical/SPSS concepts, while Confusius helps students to make better sense of statistical terms. * The enhanced Companion Website offers plenty of lecturer and student material to use in conjunction with the textbook. These include PowerPoints and subject-specific testbanks for lecturers as well as answers to the Smart Alex tasks at the end of the each chapter; datafiles for testing problems in SPSS; flashcards of key concepts; self-assessment multiple-choice questions; and online videos of key statistical and SPSS procedures discussed in the textbook for students. Video Links * Go behind the scenes of the Fourth Edition, and find out about the man behind the book * Watch Andy introduce SAGE MobileStudy * Ask Andy Anything: Teaching stats...and Robbie Williams' head * Ask Andy Anything: Gibson or Fender * Ask Andy Anything: The one part of the book Andy hated writing
- Author Biography<smarttagtype namespaceuri= urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags name= place /><smarttagtype namespaceuri= urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags name= PlaceName /><smarttagtype namespaceuri= urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags name= PlaceType /> Andy Field is Professor of Child Psychopathology at the University of Sussex. He has published over 70 research papers, 27 book chapters, and 17 books mostly on child emotional development and statistics. He is the founding editor of the Journal of Experimental Psychopathology and has been an associate editor and editorial board member for the British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, Cognition and Emotion, Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review and Research Synthesis Methods. His ability to make statistics accessible and fun has been recognized with local and national teaching awards (University of Sussex, 2001; the British Psychological Society, 2007), a prestigious UK National Teaching Fellowship (2010), and the British Psychological Society book award (2006). He adores cats, and loves to listen to and play very heavy music. He lives in Brighton with his wonderful wife Zoe and Fuzzy the cat.
- Author(s)Andy Field
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight1651 g
- Width195 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.