All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $29.28
- AU $33.84Trending at AU $39.14
- AU $41.77Trending at AU $43.15
- AU $34.10Trending at AU $36.37
- AU $27.39Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $21.68Trending at AU $24.84
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone can write a book. Not everyone can write a readable book. Writing is the easy bit. Most of the work is in the planning (the thinking), in the structure (the plot), and in turning the first draft into an enjoyable, top quality vel. With the rise in popularity of self-publishing, more 'indie' books are appearing on Internet bookstores, but how you go about publishing your vel is largely a question of what you hope to achieve and how much, both in terms of time and money, you are prepared to invest. Asked repeatedly for advice and tips by aspiring authors about the ins and outs of writing and publishing an indie vel, bestselling author, Helen Hollick, and her UK editor, Jo Field, decided to compile a small book in response. The initial few A4 pages soon expanded into an e-book, which by popular demand has w been published in paperback. The quality of indie and self-published books can be every bit as good in style and production as any mainstream publication. 'Discovering the Diamond' is intended to assist and inspire enthusiastic writers to create a vel of which they can be proud and to achieve their goal of turning a dream into a glittering reality.
- Author BiographyHelen Hollick has written ten books to date (2013). Her historical novels: 'The Kingmaking', 'Pendragon's Banner', 'Shadow of the King'; 'A Hollow Crown' (entitled 'The Forever Queen' in the US); and 'Harold the King' (entitled 'I am the Chosen King' in the US) were first published by William Heinemann (Random House UK) and are currently published by SilverWood Books in the UK and by Sourcebooks Inc. in North America. 'Sea Witch', 'Pirate Code', 'Bring It Close' and 'Ripples in the Sand', being the first four voyages of Cpt. Jesamiah Acorne, are published by SilverWood Books worldwide. There will be more! 'Come and Tell Me' (for children) published by Harper Collins and then Happy Cat Books UK, now (2013) out of print. Helen lives in Devon with her family and a variety of pets, including a dog, cats, and several horses.
- Author(s)Helen Hollick,Jo Field
- PublisherSilverWood Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSilverWood Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight112 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.