All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.86Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIlluminating a little-kwn but extremely significant period in world historythe discovery of oil in the Middle East and the beginnings of what is w the Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco)this captivating history explores the birth of the Middle Eastern oil industry. From the king and his royal court to the desert guides, scientists, and mechanics who built the original oil company, Aramco, the distant and desperately poor world of Depression-era Saudi Arabia is vividly brought to life. Written more than 50 years ago, this detailed account serves as a kind of time capsule and features the author s prescient insights into the cultural and techlogical consequences of King Ibn Saud s deliberate decision to choose America as his commercial ally.
- Author BiographyWallace Stegner is the author of more than 30 books, including the Pulitzer Prizewinning Angle of Repose. He established the creative writing program at Stanford University in 1945. Thomas W. Lippman isan adjunct scholar at the Middle East Institute. He is the author of Egypt After Nasser, Inside the Mirage: America's Fragile Partnership with Saudi Arabia, Madeline Albright and the New American Diplomacy, and Understanding Islam. He has traveled extensively in Saudi Arabia as a reporter and diplomat on behalf of the Washington Post. He lives in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Wallace Earle Stegner
- PublisherSelwa Press
- Date of Publication18/09/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSelwa Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byThomas W Lippman
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.