CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionDiscovery in the Desert is the first vel in Tom Thiele's Discovery Series. When asked about religious affiliation, do you describe yourself as a Christian? Do you wonder about heaven? When someone kws that they are a good person, does that mean that they are a heaven-bound Christian? That is exactly how David Hart saw himself before his discovery in the desert. David Hart, a young, bright NASA physicist is chosen to join a team of other NASA scientists assigned to a Classified Military Project. The team is formed to bring a new, cutting edge techlogy to the United States military-Time Travel. Initially great strides are made in developing a time travel capsule, and then the team hits a brick wall. Once the obstacle becomes common kwledge at NASA, the project transforms from one of prestige and glamour to one of embarrassment. The slowed progress grates on David's patience. Then he decides to do the unthinkable! Join David on this adventure of a lifetime as he realizes that t only has he been chosen to be on this NASA team, but he has been chosen for a much more significant task. A task, that once accomplished, will change David's life forever.
- Author BiographyWhen he graduated with honors from Texas A&M University with a B.S. in Petroleum Engineering in 1983, Tom Thiele had no idea about the unique calling he would experience later in life. He and those closest to him had pictured him moving forward as an engineer with a knack for mathematics and physical science, which did happen. In 2010, however, Tom discovered his calling to write Christian Fiction. After reading the Bible from cover to cover for the first time in his life, God moved Tom to write and publish the intriguing story of David Hart and the Discovery in the Desert. This became the first book of the Discovery Series, published in 2011. Today, Tom has enjoyed over 30 years of success in the oil and gas business and has been able to see many parts of the world. Tom is a native of Houston, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Juanita. They have six children who all live in the Houston area. Tom feels blessed to have had the opportunity to live in Indonesia for four years and to visit Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, the Bahamas, and Canada. While Tom is thankful for his success in the oil and gas industry, he will be the first to share that his true passion is writing Christian Fiction. Tom is driven to share the good news of Jesus Christ and tell of the amazing gift that He offers to those who choose to accept it. The moving testimonials and positive reviews associated with the first book have inspired him to continue writing. The second book in the Discovery Series, Discovery of Eternity, was published in 2013 to even greater acclaim. Tom continues to move forward with this new-found passion with the launch of his author website, complete with blog. He believes that God will continue to bless him with Christian Fiction stories to share with the world, resulting in more books to come.
- Author(s)Tom Thiele
- PublisherJesus Solution Mediaions
- Date of Publication21/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJesus Solution Mediaions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.