All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents three projects that demonstrate the fundamental problems of architectural design and urban composition - the layout design, evaluation and optimization. Part I describes the functional layout design of a residential building, and an evaluation of the quality of a town square (plaza). The algorithm for the functional layout design is based on backtracking using a constraint satisfaction approach combined with coarse grid discretization. The algorithm for the town square evaluation is based on geometrical properties derived directly from its plan. Part II introduces a crowd-simulation application for the analysis of escape routes on floor plans, and optimization of a floor plan for smooth crowd flow. The algorithms presented employ agent-based modeling and cellular automata.
- Author BiographyDr. Machi Zawidzki's doctoral research focused on various optimization methods based on CI for the fundamental problems of the architectural design: Functionality, Structure and Aesthetics. His research interests are in designing built environment, especially in ergonomics and architectural design.
- Author(s)Machi Zawidzki
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication09/07/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Architectural Design and Technology
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 82 colour illustrations, 15 colour tables, biography
- Weight197 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.