All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the Connections between Different Structures and Fields Discrete Structures and Their Interactions highlights the connections among various discrete structures, including graphs, directed graphs, hypergraphs, partial orders, finite topologies, and simplicial complexes. It also explores their relationships to classical areas of mathematics, such as linear and multilinear algebra, analysis, probability, logic, and topology. The text introduces a number of discrete structures, such as hypergraphs, finite topologies, preorders, simplicial complexes, and order ideals of momials, that most graduate students in combinatorics, and even some researchers in the field, seldom experience. The author explains how these structures have important applications in many areas inside and outside of combinatorics. He also discusses how to recognize valuable research connections through the structures. Intended for graduate and upper-level undergraduate students in mathematics who have taken an initial course in discrete mathematics or graph theory, this book shows how discrete structures offer new insights into the classical fields of mathematics. It illustrates how to use discrete structures to represent the salient features and discover the underlying combinatorial principles of seemingly unrelated areas of mathematics.
- Author BiographyJason I. Brown is a professor of mathematics at Dalhousie University. He received a Ph.D. from the University of Toronto and has written over 70 refereed articles. His research interests include graphs, hypergraphs, partial order, finite topologies, and simplicial complexes, with a focus on the applications of other fields of mathematics to discrete problems. His mathematical research that uncovered how the Beatles played the opening chord of A Hard Day's Night was featured in various media, including NPR and BBC radio, Guitar Player Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal website.
- Author(s)Jason I. Brown
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDiscrete Mathematics and its Applications
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.