All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscrete geometry is a relatively new development in pure mathematics, while computational geometry is an emerging area in applications-driven computer science. Their intermingling has yielded exciting advances in recent years, yet what has been lacking until w is an undergraduate textbook that bridges the gap between the two. Discrete and Computational Geometry offers a comprehensive yet accessible introduction to this cutting-edge frontier of mathematics and computer science. This book covers traditional topics such as convex hulls, triangulations, and Voroi diagrams, as well as more recent subjects like pseudotriangulations, curve reconstruction, and locked chains. It also touches on more advanced material, including Dehn invariants, associahedra, quasigeodesics, Morse theory, and the recent resolution of the Poincare conjecture. Connections to real-world applications are made throughout, and algorithms are presented independently of any programming language. This richly illustrated textbook also features numerous exercises and unsolved problems. * The essential introduction to discrete and computational geometry * Covers traditional topics as well as new and advanced material * Features numerous full-color illustrations, exercises, and unsolved problems * Suitable for sophomores in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or physics * Rigorous but accessible * An online solutions manual is available (for teachers only). To obtain access, please e-mail: Vickie_Kearn@press.princeton.edu
- Author BiographySatyan L. Devadoss is associate professor of mathematics at Williams College. Joseph O'Rourke is the Olin Professor of Computer Science and professor of mathematics at Smith College. His books include Geometric Folding Algorithms: Linkages, Origami, Polyhedra .
- Author(s)Joseph O'Rourke,Satyan L. Devadoss
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2011
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note182 color illus. 4 line illus. 7 tables.
- Weight1028 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.