All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past few decades new ways of conceiving the relation between people, practices and institutions have been developed, enabling an understanding of human conduct in complex situations that is distinctive from traditional psychological and sociological conceptions. This distinctiveness is derived from a sophisticated analytic approach to social action which combines conversation analysis with the fresh treatment of epistemology, mind, cognition and personality developed in discursive psychology. This text is the first to showcase and promote this new method of discursive research in practice. Featuring contributions from a range of international academics, both pioneers in the field and exciting new researchers, this book illustrates an approach to social science issues that cuts across the traditional disciplinary divisions to provide a rich participant-based understanding of action.
- Author BiographyAlexa Hepburn is a Senior Lecturer in Social Psychology at Loughborough University. Sally Wiggins is a Lecturer in the Department of Psychology at the University of Strathclyde.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAlexa Hepburn,Sally Wiggins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.