All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last decade, expensive and unpopular wars, recession, ballooning debt, and the rise of China and other regional powers have brought the limits of traditional power into focus. So far, Smart Power has been seen as the idea that an effective foreign policy must place principal reliance on a tailored synthesis of both hard and soft power and the precise mix depends on the circumstances. This timely volume underscores why smart power is still a clue for policymakers seeking to combine different tools within a coherent strategy. It also questions the practical and institutional challenges stand in the way of a true smart power approach. It underscores the need for the United States and Europe to pull all the levers of power and influence, including military, diplomatic, legal, cultural, energetic and techlogical. The authors introduce new approaches including the concept of spectral power, super-seeding the dichotomy of hard and soft power and urging the rethinking of the concept of smart power. The authors have held senior executive positions in the U.S. administration and governments in Europe.
- Author BiographyAude Jehan is a visiting scholar and a researcher at the University of California-Berkeley, USA and the French Embassy Fellow at the SAIS Center for Transatlantic Relations, Johns Hopkins University, USA. Andras Simonyi is a former Hungarian ambassador to the United States and the managing director of the SAIS Center for Transatlantic Relations, Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- PublisherCenter for Transatlantic Relations
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCenter for Transatlantic Relations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAndras Simonyi,Aude Jehan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.