All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionDispersed Manufacturing Networks provides new perspectives of dispersed manufacturing systems from three points of view. The first is that offered by complex systems theory, particularly on how agents in these industrial networks interact and how that provides possibility for coordination. The book also elaborates on issues of coordination and planning, as well as examining new solutions and challenges for logistics problems and collaboration in engineering networks within the internationalisation perspective. The impact of globalization is discussed for both managerial decision-making and operational performance of supply chains. A strong emphasis is placed on the need for continuous decision-making with recognition of the fact that networks of loosely connected agents require different approaches. Both researchers and professionals will welcome Dispersed Manufacturing Networks. It is an informative guide for those researching and working across a range of fields.
- Author BiographyRob Dekkers holds both a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering and a doctoral degree, both from Delft University of Technology. He joined the University of the West of Scotland in 2006, having previously been a Senior Lecturer in Industrial Organisation and Management at Delft University of Technology, and, during his time in industry, an internal consultant, a production manager and a senior project manager.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note32 black & white tables, biography
- Weight415 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byRob Dekkers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.