All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionA practical guide to understanding and treating children and adolescents prone to extreme levels of angry outbursts, Disruptive Mood: Irritability in Children and Adolescents is based on the very latest research and theory. Providing both a clinical and scientific perspective on irritability in children, this book is a timely look at recent developments in the field. Abrmal states of anger are a common reason for referral to child health services, and cause concern in clinics, schools, and families. Misdiagsis and treatment can stem from a lack of understanding of the mechanisms involved in high levels of anger in children, and Disruptive Mood: Irritability in Children and Adolescents provides clear guidance on the development of abrmal states of anger, their consequences for later development, and how to assess and make differential diagses between them. A useful resource for clinical practice, this book is concise and accessible, and offers tools for evaluating treatments. Disruptive Mood: Irritability in Children and Adolescents is designed for practitioners involved in child and adolescent mental health and education and researchers who need an introduction to this complex field.
- Author BiographyArgyris Stringaris is a clinician scientist funded by the Wellcome Trust to study mood in health and disease across human development. He trained at the Maudsley Hospital (MRCPsych), the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College London (PhD), and the National Institutes of Health (Clinical Research Fellow) in the USA. Eric Taylor is Emeritus Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at King's College London Institute of Psychiatry; and an honorary consultant at 'The Maudsley'. He has researched, practised clinically, and taught child neuropsychiatry since 1971. He has been a Trustee of the National Academy of Parenting practitioners, Chair of the Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health and a Non-Executive Director of the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. His research won the Ruane prize from NARSAD for severe child psychopathologies and he is a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences and an Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Author(s)Argyris Stringaris,Eric Taylor
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight216 g
- Width135 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.