Dissertation and Scholarly Research: Recipes for Success: 2011 Edition by Marilyn K Simon Phd (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $111.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $86.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- Description<i> Recipes for Success</i> is a unique, user-friendly guide that informs and empowers doctoral students with the skills and kwledge to start and complete their dissertation. Putting together an excellent dissertation is like preparing a gourmet feast for a gathering of distinguished guests who are conisseurs of fine cooking. You, the researcher, are the chef and chief meal engineer for this eloquent repast. Careful preparation is needed each step of the way, along with a formal means to reach your desired goal. <i>Recipes</i> takes you gingerly through these steps. <i>The 2013 edition of Recipes</i> is presented in three phases. In PHASE 1 you start your initial preparation, gather ingredients, and prepare the menu for your feast. This includes your mental, physical, and psychological preparation along with the selection of the type of meal (research topic and method) you will serve. In PHASE 2 you gather your accoutrements and utensils to collect and analyze data to help you solve the problem you pose, answer your research questions, and achieve your purpose. In PHASE 3 you learn how to put your meal (dissertation) together to ensure a delicious high-quality study to serve at your feast. Included are several presentations and web resources to serve as your maitre d' for your banquet. <i>Recipes</i> is also supported by a companion website (www.dissertationrecipes.com) with a large and regularly updated collection of dissertation-related resources, guides, slideshows, and videos. <i>Recipes</i> gets <strong>a perfect (5 star) rating</strong> on Amazon.com. Here is what readers are saying about <i>Recipes: </i><strong> Very easy to read! </strong> Offers examples and a space to then write your own information. It is broken down into manageable pieces, which makes thinking about your work easier than thinking about the whole dissertation. T.R. (Georgia) Dr. Simon's book is the <strong> best resource for dissertations that I have ever seen. </strong> It should be titled, Dissertations for Dummies, because anyone can follow it. Brenda (New Jersey) <strong>I serve as the chair on numerous doctoral study committees and highly recommend this book to all of my students. </strong>The writing is thorough, clear and easy to follow. After reading this book a student would have all the information they need to publish a professional, scholarly dissertation. If all of my students used this book it would make both of our lives much easier! K.S. (Arkansas) <strong>I love this book! </strong> It is interesting and exciting, and written in a format that I easily understand. It is easy to read, it is concise, and when compared to the other books in my library on dissertation writing, all others pale in comparison. Sharon (Arizona).
- Author BiographyMARILYN K. SIMON, PhD, has been actively involved in Mathematics and Computer Education since 1969 and has taught all levels of mathematics and study skill development from pre-school through graduate school with extraordinary results. She has published numerous books on mathematics education, scholarly research, high stakes test-preparation, and online learning. Dr. Simon is a faculty member at Walden University and the University of Phoenix, School of Advanced Studies, where she supervises doctoral students. She is also one of the nation's authorities on Overcoming Mathanxiety and online learning, and conducts workshops and seminars for the University of California, Webster University; Upper Iowa University Online, and for school districts and businesses across the nation, and is an international lecturer on online learning and women and mathematics. Dr. Simon is the president of MathPower, and co-founder of Best-Prep, educational consulting firms. She has conducted post doctorate research at the Institute of Advanced Studies in Princeton, NJ, and was selected as an Outstanding Young Woman of America, and as a mathematics education delegate to South Africa. JIM GOES, PhD is Managing Partner of Cybernos, LLC, Adjunct Associate Professor of Management at the University of Oregon, and Faculty Mentor at Walden University and the University of Phoenix. His teaching includes corporate strategy, organization theory, entrepreneurship, public health, and various executive education seminars. His current research and consulting work is focused on change and innovation in business, health systems, public health, and rural communities. Dr. Goes has authored a variety of published works in the areas of strategic management, organizational change, and business and public policy, and has given over a hundred presentations in business and academic venues. His research and writing have been recognized with awards from the Academy of Management, A. T. Kearney, and the American College of Healthcare Executives. He will be serving as a Fulbright Fellow in India in 2013.
- Author(s)Marilyn K Simon Phd
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDissertation & Scholarly Research
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.