Distance Training: How Innovative Organizations are Using Technology to Maximise Learning and Meet Business Objectives by Zane L. Berge, Deborah A. Schreiber (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 12 Sep
- AU $32.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the University Continuing Education Association's Charles A. Wedemeyer Award, which recognizes highly meritorious book--length publications that advance research in independent study and distance education. This manual is the one we have been waiting for! It takes dead aim at all the important issues facing distance learning providers and hits the bull's eye on every one of them. It is down to earth, real world, and up to date. Its examples and insights for practitioners help create the sense of urgency and excitement all of us in distance learning feel today. ----Michael P. Lambert, executive director, Distance Education and Training Council Today's advances in communications techlogy have created exciting new possibilities for training professionals. But t all techlogies are created equal. Distance Training examines these new tools to show how compressed video, satellite broadcasting, the Internet, and other invations can each be used to their best advantage. In--depth case studies of sixteen progressive organizations----NYNEX, Bell Atlantic, and Unisys among them----provide real--world models readers can use to design learning programs that transcend the traditional boundaries of time and space by turning the home, office, and meeting room into immediate, effective learning environments.
- Author BiographyDEBORAH A. SCHREIBER is founder and president of D.A. Schreiber, Inc., a distance learning consulting group that specializes in the corporate application of distance training. She also serves on the faculty of the University of Maryland Baltimore County in the Instructional Systems Development and Technology Graduate Program. ZANE L. BERGE is director of training systems in the Instructional Systems Development and Technology Graduate Program at UMBC. He has edited seven books, written numerous articles, and conducts workshops and presentations on distance teaching and learning.
- Author(s)Deborah A. Schreiber,Zane L. Berge
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication06/11/1998
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteglossary
- Weight887 g
- Width187 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.