All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinTech developers and managers understand that the blockchain has the potential to disrupt the financial world. Distributed ledger techlogy allows the participants of a distributed system to agree on a common view of the system, to track changes in the system, in a reliable way. In the distributed systems community, agreement techniques have been kwn long before cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin (where the term blockchain is borrowed) emerged. Various concepts and protocols exist, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. This book introduces the basic techniques when building fault-tolerant distributed systems, in a scientific way. We will present different protocols and algorithms that allow for fault-tolerant operation, and we will discuss practical systems that implement these techniques.
- Author BiographyRoger Wattenhofer is a professor at ETH Zurich. Before joining ETH Zurich, he was at Brown University and Microsoft Research. His research interests include fault-tolerant distributed systems, efficient network algorithms, and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin. He has published more than 300 scientific articles.
- Author(s)Roger Wattenhofer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/03/2017
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.