All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection offers a snapshot of current research in Distributed Morphology, highlighting the lasting influence of Morris Halle, a pioneer in generative linguistics. Distributed Morphology, which integrates the morphological with the syntactic, originated in Halle's work. These essays, written to mark his 90th birthday, make original theoretical contributions to the field and emphasize Halle's foundational contributions to the study of morphology. The authors primarily focus on the issues of locality, exploring the tight connection of morphology to phology, syntax and semantics that lies at the core of Distributed Morphology. The nature of phases, the tion of a morpho-syntactic feature, allomorphy and exponence, the synthetic/analytic alternation, stress assignment, and syntactic agreement are all shown to link to more than one grammatical module. Animated discussion with students has been central to Halle's research, and the development of Distributed Morphology has been shaped and continued by his students, many of whom have contributed to this volume. Halle's support, advice, and enthusiasm encouraged the research exemplified here. In the Hallean tradition, these papers are sure to inspire all generations of morphologists. ContributorsKarlos Arregi, Jonathan David Bobaljik, Eulalia Bonet, David Embick, Daniel Harbour, Heidi Harley, Alec Marantz, Tatjana Marvin, Ora Matushansky, Martha McGinnis, Andrew Nevins, Rolf Noyer, Isabel Oltra-Massuet, Mercedes Tubi Blanco, Susi Wurmbrand
- Author BiographyAlec Marantz is Professor of Linguistics and Psychology at New York University.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication16/08/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, diagrams
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byAlec P. Marantz,Ora Matushansky
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.