All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe demand for alternative energy sources fuels the need for electric power and controls engineers to possess a practical understanding of transformers suitable for solar energy. Meeting that need, Distributed Photovoltaic Grid Transformers begins by explaining the basic theory behind transformers in the solar power arena, and then progresses to describe the development, manufacture, and sale of distributed photovoltaic (PV) grid transformers, which help boost the electric DC voltage (generally at 30 volts) harnessed by a PV panel to a higher level (generally at 115 volts or higher) once it is inverted to the AC voltage form by the inverter circuit. Packed with real-life scenarios and case studies from around the globe, Distributed Photovoltaic Grid Transformers covers the key design, operation, and maintenance aspects of transformers suitable for solar energy. Topics include islanding, voltage flicker, voltage operating range, frequency and power factor variation, and waveform distortion. Multiple homework questions are featured in each chapter. A solutions manual and downloadable content, such as illustrated examples, are available with qualifying course adoption.
- Author BiographyHemchandra Madhusudan Shertukde holds a B.Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, as well as an MS and Ph.D in electrical engineering with a specialty in controls and systems engineering from the University of Connecticut, Storrs, USA. Currently, he is professor of electrical and computer engineering for the College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture (CETA) at University of Hartford, Connecticut, USA. He was also senior lecturer at the Yale School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS), New Haven, Connecticut, USA. The principal inventor of two commercialized patents, he has published several journal articles and written two solo books.
- Author(s)Hemchandra Madhusudan Shertukde
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note103 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.41Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.