Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionDistributed Programming: Theory and Practice presents a practical and rigorous method to develop distributed programs that correctly implement their specifications. The method also covers how to write specifications and how to use them. Numerous examples such as bounded buffers, distributed locks, message-passing services, and distributed termination detection illustrate the method. Larger examples include data transfer protocols, distributed shared memory, and TCP network sockets. Distributed Programming: Theory and Practice bridges the gap between books that focus on specific concurrent programming languages and books that focus on distributed algorithms. Programs are written in a real-life programming tation, along the lines of Java and Python with explicit instantiation of threads and programs. Students and programmers will see these as programs and t merely algorithms in pseudo-code. The programs implement interesting algorithms and solve problems that are large eugh to serve as projects in programming classes and software engineering classes. Exercises and examples are included at the end of each chapter with on-line access to the solutions. Distributed Programming: Theory and Practice is designed as an advanced-level text book for students in computer science and electrical engineering. Programmers, software engineers and researchers working in this field will also find this book useful.
- Author(s)A. Udaya Shankar
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight765 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.