All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows in detail how to build enterprise-level secure, redundant, and highly scalable services from scratch on top of the open source Linux operating system, suitable for small companies as well as big universities. The core architecture presented is based on Kerberos, LDAP, AFS, and Samba. Coverage shows how to integrate web, message related, data base and other services with this backbone. This architecture provides a Single-Sign-On solution for different client platforms and can also be employed for clustering. Although it is implemented with Debian GNU/Linux, the content can be applied to other UNIX flavors.
- Author BiographyFranco Milicchio is currently at the Department of Computer Science and Automation at the University Roma Tre, Italy. He graduated in computer engineering at the same university. Wolfgang A. Gehrke has worked the last five years as a system administrator at the Department of Computer Science and Automation at the University Roma Tre, Italy. He holds a PhD in theoretical computer science from the University Linz, Austria.
- Author(s)Franco Milicchio,Wolfgang A. Gehrke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight629 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.