All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDisturbing Practice: Reading Teacher Education as Text is a critical study of learning to teach. Following six prospective teachers through their twelve-month university- and practicum-based experiences, Avner Segall explores how particular versions and visions of education, teaching, and learning are made possible in preservice education and what they, in turn, make possible for those learning to teach. Using critical lenses to disturb current practices of teacher education, this book extends traditional explorations of how prospective teachers learn to manage ideas and theories in teacher education classrooms to an examination of how the use of ideas and theories in those very classrooms manages those who attempt to engage them. In doing so, this book highlights and critically engages a variety of issues in teacher education to bring more of what is (and what is t) done in preservice education into the fold of the discussion both about and in teacher education. What and how is it that prospective teachers learn, do t learn, and learn t to learn in preservice education? How do the structures, discourses, and practices of teacher education operate to invite prospective teachers to learn some things rather than others? What implications do the above have for prospective teachers' own learning in institutions of higher education and for the kind of learning they provide when they become teachers of others?
- Author BiographyThe Author: Avner Segall is Assistant Professor in the Department of Teacher Education at Michigan State University. His scholarship combines critical theory and pedagogy, teacher education, and social/cultural studies.
- Author(s)Avner Segall
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleHigher Ed
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight300 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.