All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCourtland Lewis has scoured the planet to bring together the most talented faction members, factionless, and even a few from the Bureau to discuss the philosophy of Divergent. Divergent and Philosophy begins by examining the personal struggles that all people face at some time: What sort of person should I be? What if I find out my life is a lie? What do I owe my parents? Am I rmal? Once readers have finished answering these questions they're ready for the choosing ceremony. Part two examines each faction, looking at its virtues, vices, and other features that will help readers pick the right faction. This part gives readers a glimpse into what it's like to be faced with the most important decision of our lives, the one that will forever determine who we are. Part three takes a step takes a step back, in order to question Chicago's ordering of society. Chicago is on the verge of revolution, but is this the result of the faction system itself, or is it the people within the factions that are behind the social discord? Part four shifts the focus individuals and those who hold power. Part five tells us how to recognize injustice.
- Author BiographyCourtland Lewis is Instructor of Philosophy at Owensboro Community and Technical College in Kentucky and co-editor of Doctor Who and Philosophy. He lives in Owensboro, KY.
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- Series TitlePopular Culture and Philosophy
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byCourtland Lewis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.