All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionToday's classrooms are filled with diverse students with a variety of needs and abilities, including English language learners, students with disabilities, and gifted/talented students. While diversity is enriching, it also brings challenges, especially in a time when all students are expected to meet standards and perform on mandated tests. Diverse Learners in Mainstream Classrooms is the first comprehensive book to bring together information about a wide range of diverse learners from PreK through high school, offering strategies and practices teachers can use to ensure that all learners succeed. Diverse Learners in Mainstream Classrooms presents research-based and classroom-based approaches for working effectively with diverse students across the content areas. Written in a reader-friendly, accessible style, it provides everything from the big picture to the everyday details teachers want: an overview of the basic principles of high-quality instruction for special learning groups discussion of the specific characteristics of the diverse populations teachers are most likely to encounter and the kind of teaching that helps them achieve demonstration scenarios with explicit connections to standards detailed, ready-to-use applications for effective, inclusive teaching in math, literacy, and social studies ideas for using digital techlogy and a multiple-intelligence framework to help differentiate and scaffold instruction for all learners key terms and acronyms related to each of the types of learners. Several books in one, Diverse Learners in Mainstream Classrooms finally unites information on teaching a wide variety of special student populations into one helpful, practical guide. Now any teacher can find the solutions they need for working with diverse students.
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication18/03/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Weight454 g
- Width192 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDavid E Freeman,Dr Yvonne S Freeman,Reynaldo Ramirez
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.