All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMajor changes are occurring in the United States population and the nation's health care institutions and delivery systems. Significant disparities in health status exist across population groups. But the health care enterprise, with all its integrated and disparate parts, has been slow to respond. Written by three nationally kwn scholars and experts, Diversity and Cultural Competence in Health Care: A Systems Approach is designed to provide health care students and professionals with a clear understanding of foundations, philosophies, and processes that strengthen diversity management, inclusion, and culturally competent care delivery. Focusing on current practice and health care policy, including the recently passed Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA), this textbook integrates strategic diversity management, self-reflective leadership, and the personal change process with culturally and linguistically appropriate care into a cohesive systems-oriented approach for health care professionals. The essentials of cultural competence and diversity management covered in this text will be helpful to a wide variety of students because they encompass principles and practices that can be realistically incorporated into the ongoing work of any health care field or organization. Each chapter contains learning objectives, summary, key terms, and review questions and activities designed to allow students to understand and explore concepts and practices identified throughout the text.
- Author BiographyJanice L. Dreachslin, PhD, is a professor of Health Policy and Administration in the Management Division at the Penn State Great Valley School of Graduate Professional Studies in Malvern, Pennsylvania and co-professor-in-charge of the MBA program. M. Jean Gilbert, PhD, a medical anthropologist, is the principal of the consulting firm, Cultures in the Clinic, which advises health care organizations and conducts workshops for health care professionals. Beverly Malone, PhD, RN, FAAN, is the chief executive officer of the National League for Nursing.
- Author(s)Beverly Malone,Janice L. Dreachslin,M. Jean Gilbert
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecol. charts
- Weight770 g
- Width180 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.