All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiversity and Dialogue hors Distinguished Artist James Luna (Luise) and five Fellows: installation artist and sculptor Gerald Clarke (Cahuilla), photographer and videographer Dana Claxton (Lakota), painter and installation artist Sonya Kelliher-Combs (Inupiaq/Athabascan), artist Larry Tee Harbor Jackson McNeil (Tlingit/Nisgaa), and photographer and installation artist Will Wilson (Dine). An accompanying DVD presents James Luna's in-your-face performance works that question stereotypes about Native Americans. Vibrant essays consider how he and the other artists produce works that are both contemporary yet expressive of a traditional worldview.
- Author BiographyJames H. Nottage is vice president and chief curatorial officer of the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art in Indianapolis. Other contributors include Margaret Archuleta (Tewa/Hispanic), Mique'l Icesis Askren (Tsimshian Nation Metlakatla, Alaska), Joanna Bigfeather (Western Cherokee/Mescalero Apache), Sandy Gillespie, Michelle La Flamme (African Canadian/Metis/Creek), Lee-Ann Martin (Mohawk), Hulleah J. Tsinhnahjinnie (Seminole/Muscogee/Dine), and Jennifer Vigil (Dine/Latina).
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note79 color illus.
- Weight590 g
- Width216 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJames H. Nottage
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.