All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionCovering a wide range of concepts and taking a broader perspective of what inclusion entail, this book offers an overview of current research, policy and practice in diversity and inclusion in the early years. It is a clear introduction to what inclusive practice means for those working with young children in the early stages of their lives. With case studies and activities designed to help students relate to diverse situations, the author discusses the main issues surrounding: - race - gender - culture - disability and Special Educational Needs - English as an Additional Language - Traveller children - the contexts of inclusion and exclusion - good practice in early childhood settings - different perspectives of inclusion This is essential reading for students studying inclusion and diversity on early childhood or early years courses, and those seeking to promote good practice and enable all children to develop to their full potential irrespective of their background. 'The success of this book is in its ability to explore inclusion from a wide perspective. Offering a range of thought-provoking material, such as reflective questions, debates and controversies, practitioner, parent and children's views, legislation, activities, and examples of good practice, will keep readers interested and actively engaged throughout the book' -Dr Anna Kilderry, Senior Lecturer, Early Childhood Education, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia Chandrika Devarakonda is a Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education and Children's Services at the University of Chester.
- Author BiographyChandrika Devarakonda is a Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education and Children's Services at the University of Chester.
- Author(s)Chandrika Devarakonda
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.