All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $32.08
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $30.03
About this product
- DescriptionAs the racial and ethnic mirity population of the United States grows past 30 percent, candidates cant afford to igre the mirity vote. The studies collected in Diversity in Democracy show that political scientists, too, must fully recognize the significance of mirity-representation studies for our understanding of the electoral process in general. If anything has limited such inquiry in the past, it has been the tendency for researchers to address only a single group or problem, yielding little that can be applied to other contexts. Diversity in Democracy avoids this limitation by examining several aspects of representation, including both Lati and African American perspectives, and a wide range of topics, from the dynamics of partisanship to various groups' perceptions of the political system. The result is a work that pulls together decades of disparate work into a broad and cohesive overview of mirity representation. The most significant conclusion to emerge from this multifaceted examination is the overwhelming importance of context. There is single strategic key, but taken together, these studies begin to map the strategies, institutions, and contexts that enhance or limit mirity representation. In navigating the complexities of mirity politics, moreover, the book reveals much about American representative democracy that pertains to all of us.
- Author BiographyGary M. Segura, whose work has appeared in numerous periodicals, is Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Iowa. Shaun Bowler is Professor of Political Science at the University of California, Riverside, and the coauthor, with Todd Donovan, of Reforming the Republic: Democratic Institutions for the New America.
- PublisherUniversity of Virginia Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2005
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationCharlottesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Virginia Press
- Content Note39tabs.2ch.2M.
- Weight662 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byGary M. Segura,Shaun Bowler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.