All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiversity in the Workforce is a comprehensive, integrated teaching resource providing students with the tools and methodologies they need to negotiate effectively the multicultural workplace, and to counter issues of discrimination and privilege. Written from an American perspective, the book t only covers the traditional topics of race, gender, ethnicity and social class, but moves beyond this to explore emerging trends around 'isms' (racism, sexism), as well as transgender issues, spirituality, intergenerational workforce tensions, cross-cultural teams, physical appearance stigmatizing, visible and invisible disabilities, and racial harassment. The book: * Presents theoretical models to help students think critically about the issues that emerge from workforce diversity * Includes a historical perspective that explains the roots of the issues in the workplace today * Covers potential legal and ethical issues * Introduces a social justice paradigm to encourage social action * Illustrates strategies organizations are using to leverage diversity effectively With end of chapter questions encouraging students to engage in difficult conversations, and case studies to stimulate students' awareness of the real problems and issues that emerge from diversity, this book will help students develop the critical, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills they need to mediate or resolve diversity issues as future professionals.
- Author BiographyMarilyn Y. Byrd is an assistant professor at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, USA. She is also on the steering committee for the Culture and Diversity Special Interest Group at the Academy of Human Resource Development. Chaunda L. Scott is an associate professor and the Coordinator of the Master of Training and Development Program at Oakland University, USA. She received a Cutting Edge Research Award from the Academy of Human Resource Development in 2009 and in 2013 she was named one of the top 25 Education Professors in Michigan by Online Schools Michigan.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 6 black & white halftones, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDr. Chaunda L. Scott,Dr. Marilyn Y. Byrd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.