All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.26
About this product
- DescriptionNominated for ten UK book awards, Theresa Breslin's hit novel tells of how two young boys - one Rangers fan, one Celtic fan - are drawn into a secret pact to help a young asylum seeker in a city divided by prejudice. Now adapted for the stage by Martin Travers, the play has already been produced to great success at Glasgow's Citizens Theatre. Graham and Joe just want to play football and be selected for the new city team, but a violent attack on Kyoul, an asylum seeker, changes everything when they find themselves drawn into a secret pact to help the victim and his girlfriend Leanne. Set in Glasgow at the time of the Orange Order walks, Divided City is a gripping tale about two boys and how they must find their own way forward in a world divided by difference. This educational edition has been prepared by national Drama in Secondary English experts Ruth Moore and Paul Bunyan. Published in Methuen Drama's Critical Scripts series the book: - meets the curriculum requirements for English at KS3, GCSE and Scottish CfE. - features detailed, structured schemes of work utilising drama approaches to improve literary and language analysis - places pupils' understanding of the learning process at the heart of the activities - will help pupils to boost English GCSE success and develop high-level skills at KS3 - will save teachers considerable time devising their own resources.
- Author BiographyMartin Travers is a dramatist based at Glasgow's Citizens Theatre where he is head of Learning and TAG Theatre Company. Theresa Breslin is a popular Carnegie medal winning author, critically acclaimed for over thirty books, whose work has been filmed for television dramatised on radio. Paul Bunyan is a Drama Education consultant and chair of NATE's drama committee Ruth Moore is a Deputy Headteacher with many years of Leadership and Drama and English teaching experience.
- Author(s)Martin Travers,Paul Bunyan,Ruth Moore,Theresa Breslin
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleCritical Scripts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight169 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited byRuth Moore,Paul Bunyan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.