All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile many of Emanuel Swedenborg's writings rely heavily on the Bible, Divine Love and Wisdom appeals directly to human experience. It describes a loving God who is equally present with all people on earth regardless of race or religion and explores the underlying unity of all living things.
- Author BiographyEmanuel Swedenborg (1688-1772) was a Swedish scientist, nobleman, and theologian who spent his life investigating the mysteries of the soul. Born in Stockholm to a staunchly Lutheran family, he graduated from the University of Uppsala and then traveled to England, Holland, France, and Germany to study the leading scientists of the time. He gained favor with Sweden s King Charles XII, who gave him the position of overseer of the Swedish mining industry. Later, he was given a seat on the Swedish House of Nobles by Charles XII s successor, Queen Ulrika Eleonora. Between 1743 and 1745 he began to have visions of heaven, hell, and Jesus Christ which resulted in a stream of books about the nature of God, the afterlife, and the inner meaning of the Bible. He devoted the last decades of his life to studying Scripture and presenting his own unique theology to the world.
- Author(s)Emanuel Swedenborg
- PublisherSwedenborg Foundation
- Date of Publication08/12/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWest Chester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwedenborg Foundation
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementPortable new century ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.