All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiving Equipment: Choice, maintenance and function is a solid introduction to how dive gear works. It details the choices divers are faced with and tips to help ensure kit will last. This is a book for anyone who wants to better understand diving kit without having to dismantle it, complete with helpful illustrations and details about the hidden inner workings. Although of obvious benefit to newer divers, Diving Equipment will also be of interest to qualified divers. Divemasters, instructors, those in need of a refresher and any n-diver who is curious about diving equipment are all likely to find out things they did t previously kw. This book covers a wide range of diving gear including: accessories, BCDs, computers, cylinders, drysuits, fins, gauges, masks, rebreathers, regulators, sidemount, srkels, stages, torches, weights, wetsuits, wings and more...Although many dives are made in tropical regions, Diving Equipment takes an international perspective. It covers a range of conditions; discusses laws and regulations in different parts of the world; suggests what to look out for and what to ask locals about.Curious divers are often directed to manufacturers' websites, with their limited descriptions of how equipment really works. This book aims to plug the gap. Diving Equipment also includes some less common and older items for interest and historical comparison, and finishes with some speculation on what the future might bring.
- Author BiographyJonas Arvidsson is a former Head of Education at PADI Sweden, dive centre owner and PADI Course Director. He translated nearly all PADI training material into Swedish and has also instructed in Australia, the Philippines, and Thailand. A former biology and chemistry teacher, Jonas is now a writer, illustrator and translator. See www.a-pub.se for more.
- Author(s)Jonas Arvidsson
- PublisherDived Up Publications
- Date of Publication22/06/2016
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDived Up Publications
- Content Note100s of colour illustrations
- Weight397 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.