CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionProviding accurate and objective information to help make the right decisions during a divorce in Maine, this guide provides answers to 360 queries such as What is the mediation process in Maine and is it required? How quickly can one get a divorce? Who decides who gets the cars, the pets, and the house? What actions might influence child custody? How are bills divided and paid during the divorce? How much will a divorce cost? and Will a spouse have to pay some or all attorney fees? Structured in a question-and-answer format, this divorce handbook provides clear and concise responses to help build confidence and give the peace of mind needed to meet the challenges of a divorce proceeding.
- Author BiographyDana E. Prescott, JD, MSW, PhD, is a partner in the law firm of Prescott Jamieson Murphy Law Group, LLC and has been in private practice as a family law attorney in Maine since 1983. He is also licensed to practice law in Massachusetts. His firm has its principle office in Saco, Maine, but he practices across both states. He is a fellow of the International and American Academies of Matrimonial Lawyers and has served as president of both the New England Bar Association and the Maine State Bar Association. Prescott is also a former chair of the Maine State Bar Association s Family Law Section. He is certified as a guardian ad litem: he holds a masters and a PhD degree in social work and is a frequent presenter at conferences and panels. Prescott also teaches as adjunct faculty in the MSW and PhD program at Simmons College and has taught public policy and advocacy at Boston College, Boston University, and Salem State University. Neil D. Jamieson Jr., Esq., is a partner in the law firm Prescott, Jamieson & Murphy Law Group, LLC, in Saco, Maine. He specializes in matrimonial law and civil trials. Jamieson graduated from Bates College in Lewiston, Maine, and from the University of Maine, School of Law in Portland, Maine. He is a fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and also a member of the York County Bar Association, Maine Bar Association, American Bar Association, and Maine Trial Lawyers Association. Jamieson has served on the board of governors of the Maine State Bar Association and as chair of the Young Lawyers Section and as the Maine State Bar Association secretary, vice chair, and chair of the Family Law Section. He has presented at numerous continuing legal education seminars for the Maine Bar Association. He was appointed to the Maine Judicial Selection Committee, on which he served from 2003 to 2010. He has served as president of the Kids First Center and currently serves as a Cumberland County commissioner. Jamieson resides in Scarborough, Maine, with his wife, Heather, and two daughters.
- Author(s)Dana E Prescott,Neil D Jamieson
- PublisherAddicus Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleDivorce in
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddicus Books
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.