All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionA dark and stormy night, a camping trip gone awry, and an old house which looks like it might be...haunted? Dixie and Percy need to stick together in this mysterious adventure full of scrapes, peril, and spooky goings-on! These first chapter books from mother-daughter pairing Shirley Hughes and Clara Vulliamy have one chapter for each night of the week and are full of maps, and fun extra activities. A witty and beautifully designed series for emerging readers (The Sunday Times).
- Author BiographyShirley Hughes (Author) Shirley was born in West Kirby, near Liverpool, and studied fashion and dress design at Liverpool Art School, before continuing her studies at the Ruskin School of Drawing and Fine Art in Oxford. She then embarked on a career as a freelance illustrator in London, where she still lives today. She illustrated other writers' work, including Noel Streatfeild, Alison Uttley, Ian Seraillier, Margaret Mahy and notably Dorothy Edwards's My Naughty Little Sister series. Shirley began to write and draw her own picture books when her children were young. Her first book - Lucy and Tom's Day - was published in 1960, and she followed it with, among others, Dogger and the Alfie series. Shirley Hughes has won the Other Award, the Eleanor Farjeon Award, and the Kate Greenaway Medal for Illustration twice, for Dogger in 1977 and for Ella's Big Chance in 2003. In 2007 Dogger was voted the public's favourite Greenaway winner of all time. Shirley received an OBE in 1999 for services to Children's Literature, and is the first recipient of Booktrust's Lifetime Achievement Award.Clara Vulliamy (Illustrator) Clara was born in Notting Hill, and studied at Chelsea School of Art, The Ruskin in Oxford, and The Royal Academy. She began her career by doing illustrations in newspapers and magazines, and started doing books for children when she had children of her own. Clara lives in Twickenham with her husband and two grown-up children.
- Author(s)Shirley Hughes
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodley Head Ltd
- Weight282 g
- Width135 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Clara Vulliamy
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.