All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a leading team of authors with contributions from top HR professionals, Do We Need HR? is an important book which addresses issues surrounding the role, structure and challenges for HR departments and how the field may be affected by new types of organizations, networks and methods of working.
- Author BiographyPaul Sparrow is Director of the Centre for Performance-Led HR and Professor of International Human Resource Management at Lancaster University Management School. He has previously worked at Aston University, Warwick University, Sheffield University, and Manchester Business School. He has consulted with major multinationals, public sector organizations, and intergovernmental agencies and was an Expert Advisory Panel Member to the UK Government's Sector Skills Development Agency. He is on the Editorial Board of a number of leading HR journals and has published over 100 journal articles and chapters and several books. He is regularly voted amongst the Most Influential HR Thinkers by Human Resources Magazine, listed in the Top 10 Most Influential for 2014-15. Martin Hird is a Fellow at the Centre for Performance-Led HR at Lancaster University Management School. He has worked in both higher education as a Business School Dean and in industry as a HR Director for companies that have included Bae Systems, Royal Mail and Tag-McLaren. Sir Cary L. Cooper is Distinguished Professor of Organizational Psychology and Health at Lancaster University. He is the author of over 125 books, 400 scholarly articles, and a frequent contributor to national newspapers, TV, and radio. He is a Fellow of the (US) Academy of Management (having also won the 1998 Distinguished Service award) and of the British Academy of Management. In 2001 he was awarded a CBE for his contribution to organizational health. He is Chair of the Academy of Social Sciences (comprised of 46 learned societies and over 88,000 social scientists), President of the Institute of Welfare, and Immediate Past President of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. In 2014-15 he was ranked number 1 in the Most Influential HR Thinkers by Human Resources Magazine.
- Author(s)Cary L. Cooper,J. Michie,Martin Hird,Paul Sparrow
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/11/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note155 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight530 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.