All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.69Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.14
- AU $46.97Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionDo you kw?<ul><li>The North American porcupine possesses approximately 30,000 quills.<li>Porcupine quill tips are made of little hooks that make removing them difficult.<li>Porcupines do t throw their quills.<li>Thanks to their quills, porcupines can float on water.</ul><b>Reviews: </b> All of the informational excerpts are well accompanied with comical illustrations. Informative words that are related to porcupines, words such as cturnal, rodents, and predators, etc. are in bolded text throughout the book and are defined in the glossary. Other specific porcupine information can be found in the book's index. The graphic vel element really sets the Do You Kw? series apart from other animal fact books. Children will be attracted to the colourful illustrations and hilarious dialogue between the comical characters. <b>Highly Recommended. ***1/2 /4</b>-- <i>Canadian Materials Magazine</i>
- Author Biography<b>Alain Bergeron</b> is a Quebec writer born September 24, 1957. Before becoming a full-time youth author in the fall or 2005, he was a reporter for twenty years in Victoriaville. The least we can say is that it is a very prolific writer, with over 130 books! He writes for various youth age groups, and publishes between 15 and 20 titles a year.<b>Samuel Parent</b>, pen name <b>Sampar</b>, was born in 1973 in Victoriaville Quebec. He is a self-taught illustrator and cartoonist. He made his mark in recent years in the publishing world by being a winner of the New York Times top 10 illustrators of the year for 2014 and by being a finalist for the Governor General of Canada 2004 (Youth illustration). He has also been a Mr. Christie's Book Award 2002 finalist Awards, a favourite books Youth Communication-Jeunesse finalist, and a Hackmatack Award finalist in 2003 and 2004. Sampar's illustrations fascinate and capture the imagination of young and old alike. He is the father of three children and admits: My dream is to make sure that my children can have something from me when they are old enough to be interested in reading.
- Author(s)Alaine Bergeron
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleDo You Know?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width154 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.