Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionPoverty, violence, neglect, rampant apathy - t ideal backdrops for learning...at least if you're a student. In 2008, Mark and Amy Lucker left their corporate lives in Minnesota and followed their faith and hearts to become teachers in New Orleans, joining the effort to help rebuild one of the worst public school systems in America, post hurricane Katrina. Do you kw what it means, to teach New Orleans? is an intimate, first-hand, up close look on what made two people answer a calling, those who helped make it a reality, and many of the unforgettable characters and situations that have graced their lives over the past eight years. At times sobering, always thought provoking; tales of school children that are funny, poignant, sad - often in the same anecdote. A must read for educators, and those who try to live out their faith and lives in practical, tangible ways.
- Author BiographyA freelance writer, I have written in a variety of mediums and situations, and currently maintain a general interest blog, Chaotic Zen, Ala Carte, but my first love is poetry. I love to write it, read it - even teach it. You can find more about my poetic leanings at my poetry blog, Ponderable polemics, poetic. I am a poet, essayist, and high school English teacher - a lover of words and language in all forms - originally from Minnesota, currently living and teaching in New Orleans following a mid-career switch to the classroom, as chronicled in Do you know what it means, to teach New Orleans? A visual artist as well as poet and writer, for over twenty years I have turned some of my poems into original, multi-media artwork that I have sold at various coffee house showings. My work has been featured in a variety of locales, and I am a founding member of an online writing group known as Some Poets.
- Author(s)Mark L Lucker
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.