All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionA heartrending true story of child neglect resulting in abandonment by parents and grandparents, referred by the author as a couple of four who were always together but had room for her. They were neither rich r poor, sick or alcoholics, separated or homeless. Lending her to a lifelong question of why and Do you love me ? The author was profoundly affected by languishing in the 1940's foster care system till the age of thirteen then left with strangers and to fend for herself. She recalls how she struggled to survive and belong and how she finds fulfillment in redemption, love and giving through the miracle of attitude and faith.
- Author BiographyAuthor Gigi Goodall worked her way through childhood and adolescence of rejection and temporary placements in California. Marrying at the early age of 17 to Oliver Newell Goodall, she became the mother of four and a foster parent of 25 more children.After returning as an adult to high school, she worked her way to becoming a revered and honored social worker for the Department of Housing and Community Development, assisting the poor on both an administrative and highly personal level. Now in her seventies and retired, she continues to serve on the Foster Care Review Board in her county.She has served 20 years on the Family Selection Committee for Habitat for Humanity.She volunteers each week at Urban Ministries, a local food pantry and is director for Community Services of her local church.
- Author(s)Gigi Goodall
- Date of Publication14/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.