All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical hands-on guide to painting any area in the home, with over 200 step-by-step pictures. It is an instant guide to basic techniques, including preparing surfaces, filling cracks, and the best way to apply paints and varnishes. It is a useful advice about the various types of paint such as matt, eggshell or gloss, as well as binders, diluents, varnishes, and wood stains, and their specific uses. It helps how to use painting tools and equipment for applying the paint, including brushes, rollers, pads, sponges and aerosols. It helps you to estimate the quantities of paint you will need, using diagrams and charts. It includes special paint effects, such as sponging, dragging, dry brushing, stippling and ragging. Home decorating using paint can be a satisfying experience. With appropriate preparation and the correct application of paint, even an amateur will find it easy to end up with a professional result. This book will guide you every step of the way, from using the right tools and preparing the surfaces, to applying the final coat of paint or varnish.
- Author BiographyMike Lawrence has been writing about home improvement and decorating for many years, contributing articles to major magazines in this field.
- Author(s)Mike Lawrence
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 200 photographs
- Weight236 g
- Width145 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.