Do the Kind Thing: Think Boundlessly, Work Purposefully, Live Passionately by Daniel Lubetzky (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the socially conscious, the intellectually curious, or the creative soul comes an inspiring, New York Times bestselling handbook for success in business, life, and the all-important task of building a more compassionate world--by the visionary founder and CEO of KIND Healthy Snacks. When Daniel Lubetzky started KIND Healthy Snacks in 2004, he aimed to defy the conventional wisdom that snack bars could never be both tasty and healthy, convenient and wholesome. A decade later, the transformative power of the company's AND philosophy has resulted in an astonishing record of achievement. KIND has become the fastest-growing purveyor of healthy snacks in the country. Meanwhile, the KIND Movement--the company's social mission to make the world a little kinder--has sparked more than a million good deeds worldwide. <p/> In Do the KIND Thing, Lubetzky shares the revolutionary principles that have shaped KIND's business model and led to its success, while offering an unfiltered and intensely personal look into the mind of a pioneering social entrepreneur. Inspired by his father, who survived the Holocaust thanks to the courageous kindness of strangers, Lubetzky began his career handselling a sun-dried tomato spread made collaboratively by Arabs and Jews in the war-torn Middle East. Despite early setbacks, he never lost his faith in his vision of a t-only-for-profit business--one that sold great products and helped to make the world a better place. <p/> While other companies let circumstances force them into choosing between two seemingly incompatible options, people at KIND say AND. At its core, this idea is about challenging assumptions and false compromises. It is about t settling for less and being willing to take greater risks, often financial. It is about learning to think boundlessly and critically, and choosing what at first may be the tougher path for later, greater rewards. By using illuminating anecdotes from his own career, and celebrating some past failures through the lessons learned from them, Lubetzky outlines his core tenets for building a successful business and a thriving social enterprise. He explores the value of staying true to your brand, highlights the importance of transparency and communication in the workplace, and explains why good intentions alone won't sell products. <p/> Engaging and inspirational, Do the KIND Thing shows how the power of AND worked wonders for one company--and could empower the next generation of social entrepreneurs to improve their bottom line and change the world. <p/>Advance praise for Do the KIND Thing <p/> An enjoyable read . . . wise advice about matters from product development to people management. --Financial Times <p/> By sharing the ten tenets that helped KIND grow, Daniel Lubetzky has given entrepreneurs a road map to success that includes both passion and purpose. --Arianna Huffington, president and editor in chief, Huffington Post Media Group <p/> Lubetzky uses the power of kindness to build purpose into his business and his community. He's a role model for future leaders. --Mehmet Oz, M.D., professor of surgery, Columbia University <p/> I've always been a fan of the KIND brand. This engaging and inspirational book shows how coupling a social mission with creativity can spark change and empower a generation. --Bobbi Brown, founder and CCO, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
- Author BiographyDaniel Lubetzky is a pioneering social entrepreneur known for integrating social objectives with sustainable market-driven forces to forge new business models that build bridges between people. He is the CEO and founder of KIND Healthy Snacks and the KIND Movement. He is also founder of PeaceWorks and OneVoice, and cofounder of the apparel company Maiyet. Lubetzky has received numerous awards and recognitions for his humanitarian efforts and his business practices; among them he's been named one of America's Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs in BusinessWeek, one of 25 Responsibility Pioneers by Time, one of the Creativity 50 by Advertising Age, and one of the 100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs at the Goldman Sachs Builders and Innovators Summit. He has received Entrepreneur of the Year awards from both Entrepreneur magazine and Ernst & Young. He lives in Manhattan with his wife and four children.
- Author(s)Daniel Lubetzky
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/2015
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.